Student Employment - The University of Tulsa
Close Menu
Close Menu

Student Employment

Student Employment

There are two types of student employment opportunities at The University of Tulsa, the Federal Work Study Program and Institutional Work Study.

Throughout the year, Student Financial Services lists employment opportunities. In addition to on-campus jobs, a number of jobs are available in community service agencies throughout Tulsa. It is the responsibility of the student to find employment and to work enough hours to earn the award. Hourly wage rates for all campus student employees begin at minimum wage.

A common work week is 11 to 12 hours. Students will be paid bi-weekly as funds are earned. Earnings are paid directly to the student through direct deposit. Therefore, the Federal Work Study award cannot credit to the student’s bill at the beginning of the semester. If the award is needed to help with the student’s bill, a payment plan must be set up with the Bursar’s Office. Arrangements for direct deposit should be made through Human Resources. Earnings through the Federal Work Study program are taxable and will be reported to the IRS.

New Federal Work Study students are required to complete an I-9 and W-4 form through the Office of Human Resources prior to beginning their employment. Since work study funding is limited, it is important to apply early while funds are available.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Student Financial Services, or our Federal Work Study Coordinator, Mrs. Karla Chantaniyom (

  • Federal Work Study - How to Apply

    Do you qualify for a work study position? Follow these instructions to apply!

    • File the FAFSA early.  This either qualifies you or disqualifies you for the Federal Work Study program.  This must be done annually.
    • Review the available work study positions through the Student Financial Services Internal website.  You must have a TU ID to access this page.
    • Email the Supervisor your resume and/or cover letter.
    • The Supervisor will contact you if they would like to schedule you for an interview.
    • If the Supervisor hires you, you must complete the necessary payroll paperwork and direct deposit form.  You will do this with Human Resources in Fisher Hall.
    • After Human Resources has cleared you to begin working, Student Financial Services (SFS) will notify both you and the Supervisor that you can begin working.  You cannot start working until you have the official email from SFS.


    NOTE: Admitted Students – If you haven’t accessed your account information, please login to your TU Hub for more information.  You must have your TU Net ID and password to access this page.

  • Institutional Employment

    Institutional jobs are offered by offices around the university that need additional employees. The money earned at the institutional job is not funded by the Federal government like work study employees. The individual departments pay for the employee out of their budget. Search for On-Campus Jobs on Handshake.