FAQ - The University of Tulsa
Close Menu
Close Menu


Success Coaches

The Department of Information Technology (IT) is the go-to department for all things email, password, multi-factor authorization (SSO), Wi-fi, device support, software, Harvey, ebooks, etc.

Submit an IT Support Ticket and an IT representative will reach out to you ASAP.

You can view and pay your bill through the Hurricane Hub. If you have questions about your bill or would like to set up a payment plan, you can contact the

Bursar’s Office.

We encourage all students to meet with Student Financial Services for any FAFSA help, process clarification or additional questions regarding funding your education.

No, they are not, and coaching is not a replacement for professional mental health resources. Issues brought up during a coaching session are occasionally more appropriate to speak to a counselor about. In this case, your Coach will talk to you about the Counseling and Psychological Services on campus.

Please contact Student Access with your accommodation needs at studentaccess@utulsa.edu.

Please visit the Office of the Registrar’s page on the website to learn how to order official transcripts online or contact transcripts@utulsa.edu for assistance.

Request your official transcript(s) be sent to the TU Office of Admission by contacting the Registrar at your previously attended institutions. Electronic transcripts are ideal but must be sent directly from the school to TU.

Transcripts that are delivered or mailed by the student are not considered official.

Degree requirements are listed in the TU Bulletin. Students can also view the requirements on the My Progress tab in Student Planning, and can request a degree audit from their Coach if they notice any discrepancies.

Students can also request a degree sheet (balance sheet) from their Coach.

The Transfer Credit Guide provides information about how previously reviewed courses from other institutions transferred into The University of Tulsa. It is an unofficial guide, and final transferability decisions are made once an official transcript has been received in the Office of the Registrar.

Request the Official Letter Request Form from the Office of the Registrar, then return to records@utulsa.edu.

  • Withdrawals can be done before or during the 12th week of classes. Please see the Academic Calendar for more details.
  • Students withdrawing during this time period will be assigned a “W” on their transcript regardless of their progress in the course.
  • Any student who has already declared a major should consult with their Success Coach before withdrawing from courses as it could affect degree completion.
  • All students should check with Financial Aid before making the decision to withdraw from courses that would drop them below full-time status, as it could affect financial aid eligibility.

Students can request tutoring from the Tutoring Services website or schedule a tutoring appointment using Starfish.

Fill out and email your coach a Declaration of Major,Minor or Certificate form. Please note that the addition of a new major will require the signature of your new Department Chair.

There are many reasons you will want or need to meet with your Coach, a few examples are: course registration, advising, degree audit, drop/add/withdraw, goal setting, study tips, time management help, resource referrals, etc.

Freshmen in the first semester and Seniors in their last semester must meet with their Success Coach for enrollment purposes.

All other students can utilize Student Planning through the Hurricane Hub but are still free to set up an appointment with their Coach.

Yes! A Success Coach functions as both an academic advisor and a Success Coach.

You can find out who your coach is through your Self-Service, Starfish or based on major.

Make an appointment via Starfish Walk-in Wednesdays (9:00am – 4:00pm)